It's important Trustees keep residents informed. Help us keep you informed in a fiscally responsible and efficient way.
If you would like to be on Clariodn's email information list, please email Trustee Jonathan Tiber at JTiber@ClaridonTownship.com.
Stay informed of various things within the Township such as what leviess are in effect, how much do they collect, where does the money go, Memorial Day Parade, Trash Day and more.
We'll make sure there are only 1-4 emails annually and your email address will be placed in the Blind Copy setting (BBC).
You can always opt out.
Think about it. We'd love for you to stay informed about our great community!
Welcome to the Claridon Township website!
We are in process of posting more information and making navigating our webste easier.
If you can't find your answer here, please don't hesitate to call us.
Click on the appropriate tab to find contact information.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Board of Trustees
The Trustees generally meet the 1st and 3rd Mondays of each month.
The meetings begin at 6:00 p.m. and are held at the Administration Building located at 13932 Mayfield Road.
Special meetings are posted at least 24 hours in acvance.
Check this website often.
We encourage residents to attend.
See you there!
Monday, October 21
Meet the Berkshire Board of Education
A great opportunity for residents of the Berkshire School District to meet the candidates for the Board of Education. Each candidate will speak for up to 3 minutes. After all have spoken, questions may be asked by attendees. Every candidate will have opportunity to answer each question.
Claridon Township Recylce Center
Please clickhere to view important information concerning recycling
Every Claridon and Aquilla Village resident should know exactly what they are voting on.
With that said, here are 4 facts you may want to know about the 2.0 mill Fire/EMS continuous renewal levy. We hope these facts help you make an informed decision to vote the way you determine is best. We encourage you to call a trustee directly if you have any further questions.
This is a continuous levy which mean the tax will likely not go away. With that said, it is just as likely the Township will always need the funds which are approximately $143,000 anually.
Because of when the levy was originally approved by voters in 2004 (to begin collection in 2005), every owner/occupied homestead in Claridon Township and Aquilla Village pays 87.5% of the tax. The State pays the remaining 12.5%. The State stopped doing this for new levies passed after 2013 however, because this is an old levy which simply got reapproved through the years, the 12.5% State credit still applies. This credit does not produce more money for the Township, it simply saves onwer/occupied homesteads from paying 12.5% of their individual share of the tax. This is the only reason we put this levy on the ballot.
If the levy FAILS, the Township wil still have enough funds to satisfy the current contracts. We are about to begin year 1 of a 3 year contract, individually, with Chardon and Burton Fire Departments. If the levy FAILS, the 12.5% State credit goes away.
If the levy PASSES, the Township will have more money than needed to satisfy the current contracts therefore, we will request the County Auditor suspend the collection of our current 5-year, 2.3 mill Fire/EMS levy by the same amount this 2.0 continous renewal levy collects. This is how the Township can collect only the amount needed and residents can contnue to take advantage of the 12.5% State credit. The duration of the suspension will be until the current contracts expire. Once new contracts are negotiated, the Township ahould request to lift the suspension by only the amounty that is needed per the new contracts.
Claridon Township P.O. Box 66 East Claridon, OH 44033 (440) 635-0648 (Monday & Wednesday - 9:00 am to 1:00 pm) or leave a message (440) 635-9732 Maintenance Department email@example.com